Enjoy challenging assignments with diverse professionals as you build your career in some of the most desirable locations in the world. Not only are you serving our nation as a civilian employee, but you can manage your career while doing so. NAVFAC is unique in that civilian employees have significant choices in their career paths and locations of service.
The benefits and training available to federal employees – and specifically at NAVFAC – make working here an unparalleled opportunity. Support your nation’s Sailors and Marines, and find balance for you and your family.
As a component of the U.S. Navy, NAVFAC offers an outstanding government employee benefits package. We offer competitive salaries, which also include annual cost-of-living adjustments. Some benefits vary from site-to-site, but NAVFAC is dedicated to supporting our workforce – and improving their quality of life – across the board.
We offer a retirement plan, a 401(k)-type savings plan (the government Thrift Savings Plan), and pay a portion of your group health and life insurance. Additional plans include long term care disability insurance, dental and vision insurance and flexible spending account options. You’ll enjoy 10 paid federal holidays per year, 13 sick days, and can earn up to five weeks of vacation annually. More detailed information can be found on OPM’s website.
As part of the federal government, NAVFAC is a leader in providing family-oriented leave, leave sharing, flex time, part-time and job sharing positions, telecommuting arrangements, child and elder care resources and child care services.
More information follows on these outstanding benefits:
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS). Social Security, enrollment in the Thrift Savings Plan and a defined benefit (Basic Annuity) make up FERS’ competitive retirement plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts. Pay for out-of-pocket health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax money.
- Worldwide Employment Opportunities. Once you’re a federal employee, it’s easy to transfer between agencies or positions, including opportunities outside of the U.S.
- Leave Sharing. Employees may transfer unused accrued annual leave to other federal employees who need it because of a medical emergency.
- Referral Bonus. Bonuses may be paid in the form of cash or time-off awards to employees who bring new talent to the organization.
- Monetary and Honorary Awards. The Navy recognizes creativity in the workplace by rewarding individuals and teams for contributions as soon as possible, with monetary, honorary and/or time-off awards.
- Frequent Flyer Miles. You can retain promotional items, including frequent flyer miles, earned on official travel, for your personal use.
- Transit Subsidy. If you use public transportation to get to work, you may be eligible for reimbursement of qualified transportation expenses. It reduces your financial burden and helps alleviate traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Centers. Many sites offer recreational facilities and equipment rental; tennis, racquetball and basketball courts; golf courses; swimming pools; fitness centers and personal trainers. MWR also supports vacation travel services; special events, movies and amusement park tickets; catering services; beach cabins; family and youth programs; libraries; chapel services; banks, credit unions and ATMs.
Countless opportunities for development, high levels of job empowerment, opportunities for employee assistance and tuition assistance for continuing education exist at NAVFAC. As needs arise, we implement demand-based training programs for new technologies and new challenges, in addition to our set training programs.
Your education continues as long as you're a NAVFAC Employee.
- Various training and developmental programs
- Opportunities for tuition assistance
- Formal mentoring programs
- On-site training
- Rotational assignments
- Executive leadership programs