On June 27, Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Hawaii completed the distribution of all 2016 Drinking Water Reports to Navy water customers on Oahu and Kauai.
“As the owner and operator of six water systems in the state, NAVFAC Hawaii is required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), to report to consumers on the test results for the water that has been delivered throughout 2015, said Environmental Business Line Director Aaron Poentis. “Our Water Quality Reports (also known as Consumer Confidence Report), provide information on the sources of water, health effects, compliance status, and other data. Our goal is to deliver safe drinking water to all customers.”
Navy consumers include personnel and families from the Navy, Air Force, Department of Defense (DoD) as well as some non-DoD users.
The Navy’s water systems are located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH), Camp Stover, Naval Magazine (NAVMAG) Lualualei, Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Master Station Pacific (NCTMAS PAC) Wahiawa, Barbers Point (Kalaeloa), and Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) Kauai. Annual reports are developed for each system, with the exception of NAVMAG Lualualei which does not require a report since it does not service any residents.
In accordance with Navy policy, drinking water is chlorinated and fluoridated as indicated in the reports.
“We take the delivery of clean, safe drinking water seriously and make sure all conducted water sampling/testing meets federal and state drinking water standards said Poentis. “In addition, all results are provided to state regulators as required for review and analysis.”
Water Quality Reports are mailed or hand-delivered to NAVFAC Hawaii’s customers throughout the month of June. Customers are asked to read and distribute the reports so that all water users may understand the quality of their water.
For military housing residents, the distribution Water Quality Reports is handled through various housing management offices.
- JBPHH Water System – Most Navy housing residents near Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam should contact Ohana Military Communities’ Residential Management office at the Aloha Center (Moanalua Shopping Center – 4825 Bougainville Street, Suite 100).
- JBPHH Water System – Air Force housing residents on JBPHH Hickam-side may contact Hickam Communities (211 Mercury Street).
- JBPHH Water System – Kapilina Beach Homes (Iroquois Point area) housing residents may contact Carmel Partners (5910 Gannett Avenue)
- Barbers Point Water System – Housing residents should contact their housing office, Kalaeloa Rental Homes (4285 Independence Road).
- Camp Stover and NCTAMS PAC Water Systems – Housing residents should contact Ohana Military Communities’ Pearl City office (557 Lehua Avenue).
- PMRF Kauai Water System – Reports for this system will be distributed by the NAVFAC Hawaii Public Works Department at Barking Sands.
In addition, all reports are electronically available via NAVFAC Hawaii’s public website at http://go.usa.gov/x3gUk. The new 2016 versions were posted June 24.
If you are unable to obtain a hard or electronic copy of the 2016 Water Quality report, please contact NAVFAC Hawaii’s Public Affairs Office at 471-7300 or the command’s Environmental Compliance Office at 471-1171 Ext. 203.