Removal of Cluster Bomb Unit (CBU) Targets at MCAS Yuma, AZ
The Special Programs Team is composed of senior geologists, geophysicists, environmental scientists, and engineers. We are a technically focused resource that serves various external Navy and Marine Corps Commands as well as internal NAVFAC Business Lines. We specialize in all aspects of operational range sustainment as well as provide technical resources to various programs on a variety of technically challenging projects. The Special Programs Team successfully performs in-house work as well as provides contract technical support on many projects ranging from small fast turnaround efforts to high visibility, long term projects. We consistently deliver to our customer’s high quality work products on time and on budget.
As part of the NAVFAC SW Environmental Core, the Special Projects Team provides subject matter technical support across the NAVFAC Corporation to many ongoing DoN programs. A sample of the programs serviced include: operational range sustainment, munition response, environmental restoration, environmental planning, natural/cultural resources, real estate transactions, MILCON, public private venture, litigation support, and compliance. In addition, the Special Programs Team routinely assists our headquarters level customers on high level and high visibility efforts such as developing , documenting, and revising Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Navy (DoN), Policies, Instructions, Directives, and Guidance.
Sample areas of expertise include the following:
- Operational range sustainment
- Operational range clearance
- Small arms and air to ground range maintenance
- Range complex management plans
- Operational range assessments
- Acquisition support
- Operational area encroachment action plans
- Environmental site assessments – CERCLA/RCRA investigations and documentation associated with non-ERN funded munitions response sites, environmental condition of property (ECP)
- Geological, geophysical, hydrogeological, geotechnical, geochemical, and civil engineering investigations
- Technical support for property transfers (PPV, real property litigation)
- Remediation and construction support
- GIS Support
- Groundwater and contaminant fate and transport modeling
Please contact us at (619) 532-4560.