REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL NAVFAC SOUTHWEST POSITIONS:
Must be a US Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
NAVFAC SOUTHWEST OPENINGS:
*Not all positions may be available at all locations
Our job board is currenlty under reconstruction. Please see the links at the bottom of the page for job descriptions. We aplologize for any inconvenience.
Positions are listed alphabetically under the Department Heading.
Construction Manager (Interdisciplinary Engineer/Architect)
Electrical Engineer - Energy & Utilities Specialization
Field Support Engineer
General Engineer (Public Works)
HVAC Controls Specialty (AWEMS) Mechanical Engineer (Public Works)
Lead Structural Engineer (Capital Improvements)
Mechanical Engineer - Energy Management Systems (Public Works)
Supervisory General Engineer
Utilities Energy Manager
ENVIRONMENTAL/PHYSICAL SCIENCES: (Click here to submit for Envrionmental/Physical Sciences positions below)
Environmental Protection Assistant (Entry Level)
Environmental Protection Specialist
Natural Resource Specialist
Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic
Direct Digital Control (DDC Operator) - Building Automation Systems
Construction Mechanic (Mastery of 2+ Skilled Trades)
Cross Connection Control Mechanic
Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic
Electronics Mechanic (Systems & Devices)
Engineering Equipment Operator
Facility Maintenance Mechanic (Skilled in 2+ Facility Based Trades)
High Voltage Electrician
Motor Vehicle Operator
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Tool Room Attendant
Utilities System Operator (Water & Waste Water Treatment)
Contract Specialist (Intern)
*Positions only in 29 Palms, el Centro, Lemoore, China Lake, and Ventura
**If the position IS NOT listed above, click here**
PLEASE NOTE: Our job board is CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. We are working hard to get all position listings linked for resume tailoring.
The full job descriptions and requirements for General Schedule/GS- Professional Positions can be found at the OPM Website HERE
The full job descriptions and requirements for Skilled Trades Position Requirements can be found at the OPM Website HERE
To confirm your eligibility for the position, you may be asked to provide supplemental documents such as driver's license, college transcripts, certifications, or professional licenses if you are selected.
NOTE: All documents will be purged 90 days after receipt.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The U.S. Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all candidates for positions and career development are considered without discrimination. Leaders, managers and supervisors ensure that individuals are judged solely on the basis of merit and ability and with respect for the differences that make us stronger as a team.