REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL NAVFAC SOUTHWEST
Must be a US Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
PLEASE NOTE: Our job board is CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. We are working hard to get all position listings linked for resume tailoring.
The full job descriptions and requirements for General Schedule/GS- Professional Positions can be found at the OPM Website HERE
The full job descriptions and requirements for Skilled Trades Position Requirements can be found at the OPM Website HERE
To confirm your eligibility for the position, you may be asked to provide supplemental documents such as driver's license, college transcripts, certifications, or professional licenses if you are selected.
NOTE: All documents will be purged 90 days after receipt.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The U.S. Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all candidates for positions and career development are considered without discrimination. Leaders, managers and supervisors ensure that individuals are judged solely on the basis of merit and ability and with respect for the differences that make us stronger as a team.