REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL NAVFAC SOUTHWEST POSITIONS:
Must be a US Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
HOT JOBS 2020
**PLEASE NOTE: Our job board is CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION.
FOR TIPS ON WRITING A FEDERAL RESUME PLEASE CLICK HERE
To APPLY, please send requirements to NAVFAC_SW_Jobs@navy.mil
CHECK usajobs.gov for updated positions
- HVAC(Heating Venting Air Conditioning) Mechanic - (San Diego Metro Area, China Lake, Lemoore, Ventura)
- Water Waste/ Water Treatment Operator - (Coronado, Lemoore)
- High Voltage Electrician - (San Diego Metro Area, China Lake, Lemoore, Ventura)
- Electrician - (Lemoore)
- local electrical codes and regulations when performing electrical installation or repair work; perform electrical maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment systems; analyze electrical systems and equipment performance to isolate malfunctions
- Electronics Mechanic (Fire Alarm Systems) - (Lemoore)
- Reading and interpreting electronic and electrical schematics, blueprints and drawings to recognize circuit configurations; Using hand tools such as drills, chassis punches, wrenches, soldering irons and micro soldering units to remove and replace circuit parts; Repairing solid state, electronic and electrical controls, sensors, detectors; knowledge of current electrical code and safety procedures for working on electrical circuits.
- Electronic Alarm System Mechanic - (San Diego)
- Construction Mechnanic - (San Diego)
- Floor Coverer - (San Diego)
- Plumber - (San Diego)
Engineering Technician (Civil) - Travis, CA
Interdisciplinary Engineer/Architect - Travis, CA
For our Rapid Hire Event information
NAVFAC SOUTHWEST OPENINGS:
*Not all positions may be available at all locations
Our job board is currenlty under reconstruction. Please see the links at the bottom of the page for job descriptions. We aplologize for any inconvenience.
Positions are listed alphabetically under the Career Field Heading.
(Engineering, Environmental/Physical Science, Skilled Trades, Asset Management, Acquisition, and General Business)
(Click position title to submit for Engineering positions below)
Architect (Capital Improvements)
Construction Manager (Interdisciplinary Engineer/Architect)
Electrical Engineer - Energy & Utilities Specialization
Engineering Tech - Construction Inspector
Field Support Engineer
General Engineer (Public Works)
HVAC Controls Specialty (AWEMS) Mechanical Engineer (Public Works)
Installation Energy Manager (Public Works)
Lead Structural Engineer (Capital Improvements)
Mechanical Engineer - Energy Management Systems (Public Works)
Supervisory General Engineer
Utilities Energy Manager (Public Works) - Branch Head
(Click position title to submit for Environmental/Physical Sciences positions below)
Environmental Protection Assistant (Entry Level)
Environmental Protection Specialist
Natural Resource Specialist
PUBLIC WORKS - Non-Engineering:
(Click position title to submit for Public Works GS positions listed below)
Equipment Specialist (Weight Handling Equipment)
Water Quality Manager (Physical Science Tech)
(Click position title to submit for Skilled Trades positions listed below)
Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic
Boiler Plant Operator
Direct Digital Control (DDC Operator) - Building Automation Systems
Construction Mechanic (Mastery of 2+ Skilled Trades)
Cross Connection Control Mechanic
Electrical Fire Alarm Mechanic
Electronic Alarm System Mechanic
Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic
Electronics Mechanic (Systems & Devices)
Engineering Equipment Operator
Fire Protection Systems Mechanic
General Equipment Maintenance Mechanic - Motorized Machinery
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic Leader (Ventura Only - Master Journeyman Level)
High Voltage Electrician
Maintenance Mechanic - Facilities (Skilled in 2+ Facility Based Trades)
Mobile Equipment Servicer
Motor Vehicle Operator
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Tool Room Attendant
Utilities System Operator (Water & Waste Water Treatment)
(Click position title to submit to our Asset Management Division positions below)
Community Planner (Interdisciplinary Community Planner/Engineer/Architect)
Community Planning & Liaison Officer - CPLO (Encroachment Manager for Mission Compatibility - GS-13 Senior Level)
Public Private Venture Project Manager (GS-13 Highly Specialized)
Real Property Accountability Officer (Term/Temporary Appointment)
(Click positions title to submit to our Acquisition Division positions below)
Contract Specialist (Intern)
*Positions only in 29 Palms, el Centro, Lemoore, China Lake, and Ventura
GENERAL BUSINESS/OTHER POSITIONS:
(Click position title to submit for positions below)
Management Assistant - Call Center (Public Works)
Performance Assessment Representative (PAR) (Public Works)
Program Analyst - (Lemoore & China Lake Only)
Specification Writer (Contracts) (Public Works)
Supply Technician (Ventura)
*Note: To apply for any for the above positions, please submit your resume at NAVFAC_SW_Jobs@navy.mil. The subject line of the email should include the Position Title.
PLEASE NOTE: Our job board is CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. We are working hard to get all position listings linked for resume tailoring.
The full job descriptions and requirements for General Schedule/GS- Professional Positions can be found at the OPM Website HERE
The full job descriptions and requirements for Skilled Trades Position Requirements can be found at the OPM Website HERE
To confirm your eligibility for the position, you may be asked to provide supplemental documents such as driver's license, college transcripts, certifications, or professional licenses if you are selected.
NOTE: All documents will be purged 90 days after receipt.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The U.S. Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all candidates for positions and career development are considered without discrimination. Leaders, managers and supervisors ensure that individuals are judged solely on the basis of merit and ability and with respect for the differences that make us stronger as a team.