NAVFAC's Environmental Program Products and Services include:
1. Clean Air Act compliance - consultation and technical support providing customers with solutions that are technically and legally correct, timely, and cost-effective.
2. Applied Biology consultation - providing pest management plans and solutions to plant and animal pests
3. Asbestos consultation and remediation - identification of asbestos and asbestos- containing materials and establishing programs to manage asbestos and control asbestos exposure during renovation and demolition projects
4. Cultural Resource program management - includes compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA).
5. Application of Environmental Management Systems to Naval operations- includes consultation to enable compliance with Executive Order 13148, Greening the Government through Leadership in Environmental Management
6. Environmental Restoration - identification and cleanup, where needed, of hazardous waste sites from past Navy operations.
7. Environmental Quality Assessments - developing and implementing procedures for internal Navy compliance assessment
8. Hazardous Waste program management - consultation on Navy programs to ensure that hazardous waste be properly managed: identified, accumulated, tracked, transported, and disposed.
9. Lead and lead-based paint abatement identification of lead and lead-based paint containing materials and establishing programs to manage lead exposure prior to and during renovation and demolition projects.
10. Environmental Planning, including compliance with NEPA. Determining when Navy actions require Categorical Exclusion determinations, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements. Preparing these documents.
11. Clean Water Act compliance - consultation and technical support on domestic and industrial wastewater discharges and collection systems to minimize or prevent pollution of receiving waters
12. Storm Water management - consultation and technical support on storm water discharges and collection systems to minimize or prevent non-point source pollution of receiving waters
13. Oil and hazardous substance spill planning and response - consultation and technical support of programs to prevent discharges of oil and hazardous substances to the environment. Assistance with response to spills and other emergencies.
14. Natural Resources Management - consultation and support to installations with Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans that balance the military use of land with the requirements to properly manage the land under the Endangered Species Act, Sikes Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and other environmental laws and regulations.
15. Pollution Prevention and EPCRA (Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-know Act) compliance - consultation and implementation of solutions for compliance with executive orders, directives, and state and local requirements and identify requirements for pollution prevention and EPCRA.
16. Potable water programs - Consultation and technical support on drinking water programs, including the development of consumer confidence reports.
17. Storage tank program management - consultation and technical support on environmental laws, executive orders and DoD/Navy instructions that apply to the Storage Tank Program (including the Clean Water Act, Oil Pollution Act amendments, and the Solid Waste Disposal Act) to prevent the release of contaminants.