SWMU = Solid Waste Management Unit; AOC = Area of Concern; UXO = Unexploded Ordnance
|Site ID, Name, and Status
||Background and Pertinent Documents
No further action (NFA)
- Site consists of a 3.0-acre lake used for testing unknown quantities of submarine flotation flares, surface illumination flares for overboard persons, and fluorescent dye markers.
- Four composite sediment samples collected at a depth of 0 to 6 inches below the water/sediment interface.
- The Naval Support Activity Crane project team agreed to use the Lake Oberlin data as representative of the other dye testing bodies of water including AOC 03, UXO 01, and UXO 03.
- The Site Investigation (SI) Report concluded no impact from dye compounds was observed in the lake sediments.
- NFA for site sediment approved.
- SI Report for Munitions Response Program Site Inspections, August 2010; Administrative Record File 000099