The NAVFACENGCOM Safety and Health staff provides safety expertise for contract and construction, environmental, and public works, as well as managing the Navy Hazard Abatement & Mishap Prvention program per OPNAVINST 5100.23 series.
The NAVFACENGCOM Safety and Health Program is dedicated to:
- Establishing a safety-conscious culture throughout the Command.
- Integrating Operational Risk Management (ORM) throughout all business lines and processes.
- Ensuring that safe facilities are designed and constructed.
- Ensuring that facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe operating condition.
- Eliminating facility, public works and contract-related injuries and illnesses.
The application of engineering and management principles, criteria, and techniques to achieve acceptable risk within the constraints of operational effectiveness and suitability, time, and cost throughout all phases of the system life-cycle.