Dye Burial Grounds
Long-term monitoring (LTM)
- Approximately 25 tons of military smoke dyes and dye contaminated materials (e.g., magnesium, boxes, and rags contaminated with dyes) were deposited in trenches between 1952 and 1964.
- Excavations were performed to consolidate the waste material and adjacent contaminated soil which were covered with a 4.2-acre multilayered cap of engineered material and soil from 1996 to 1998.
- Corrective measures include LTM, land use controls to prevent use of groundwater, periodic reviews, and site inspections.
- Biennial LTM of groundwater began in 2007 and is ongoing.
- Statement of Basis, June 2006; Administrative Record File 001032.