Restoration Advisory Board
Naval Support Facility Indian Head (NSF-IH) has had a formal community relations plan in place since 1988, when a Technical Review Committee (TRC) was formed for the Environmental Restoration (ER) program, under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA). As the restoration program began to mature, the TRC expanded to a Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) in 1994. The purpose of the RAB is to foster communication between the Navy and the local community, with the specific goals of:
• Informing the public regarding the progress of planned and ongoing restoration actions at the facility.
• Communicating the results of investigations and risk assessments when available.
• Receiving feedback from the public as to their specific concerns and information needs.
• Providing the public with the opportunity to comment on and participate in addressing technical decisions associated with ER sites at the facility.
The RAB contains representatives from the Navy, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE), local government officials, and community members. Currently the RAB meets annually at the Indian Head Senior Center. The Indian Head Senior Center is located at:
100 Cornwallis Square
Indian Head, MD 20640
Upcoming RAB meetings are scheduled for:
Public Affairs Officer
The Public Affairs Officer for Naval Support Facility Indian Head can be reached at the following address and phone number:
Naval Support Activity South Potomac
Attn: Public Affairs Officer, Code N00P
6509 Sampson Road
Dahlgren, VA 22448-5108
Phone: (540) 284-0129
Information Repository for Administrative Record File
Naval Support Facility Indian Head
Community Rec Center
4163 N. Jackson Rd.
Indian Head, MD
Information Repository (Draft Documents for Review and Comment)
Naval Support Facility Indian Head Community Rec Center (Building 620/Library) (see above)
Indian Head Town Hall
4195 Indian Head Highway
Indian Head, MD 20640
Charles County Public Library
2 Garret Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646-5959
Public meetings are typically held at the Indian Head Senior Center. Details of the public meetings will be published ahead of time.
Upcoming Public Events
No public events are scheduled at this time.
Upcoming Meeting Agenda
Tentative October 2024 RAB Meeting Agenda
• 2023-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2022-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2021-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2020-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2019-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2018-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2018-Apr RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2017-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2017-May RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2016-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2016-Apr RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2015-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2015-Apr RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2014-Oct RAB Meeting Minutes
• 2014-Apr RAB Meeting Minutes