The Chief Engineer is the final technical authority for the Navy, and provides the highest level of interdisciplinary engineering consultation, guidance, expertise, and continuity in the Command. The Chief Engineer provides the Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) and its customers leadership, expertise, management, and specialized services for the following:
- Development and implementation of engineering concepts, practices, programs and advanced technologies for improvement of design, construction, and facilities management activities.
- Associated strategic liaison necessary for the accomplishment of the above.
- Development of policy and guidance. These policies are in keeping with laws, regulations, and higher-level policy requiring responsible engineering practices that ensures that facilities designs meet appropriate standards of health, safety and engineering criteria.
- Provides advise and technical assistance to all of NAVFAC.
- Professional engineering community management.
The Planning Design and Construction Directorate strives to deliver better, faster, and more cost-effective facilities to our clients. This business line encompasses execution of project development, A&E design, in-house design, construction, as well as medical facilities and waterfront and ocean facilities.
Planning Design and Construction Directorate provides efficient, effective and creative acquisition strategies with the best business practices and processes to meet our client needs. Accurate forecasting of our workload and resource requirements are critical to our success.