MCAS Cherry Point is a 13,164-acre military reservation north of the town of Havelock, in southeastern Craven County, North Carolina. Commissioned in 1942, MCAS Cherry Point currently provides support facilities and services for the Second Marine Aircraft Wing, houses facilities for training and supporting the Atlantic Fleet Marine Force aviation units, and is designated as a primary aviation supply point. MCAS Cherry Point is also home to the Fleet Readiness Center East (FRCE, formerly the Naval Aviation Depot [NADEP]). Units at the Air Station include: (1) Combat Logistics Company 21 (CLC 21), which provides logistics support to the Second Marine Aircraft Wing); (2) Marine Transport Squadron One (VMR 1), which provided Search and Rescue support (known operationally as “Pedro”) to MCAS Cherry Point-based aircraft until September 2015 and currently provides transport of key personnel and critical logistics support to DoD; and (3) Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit (CNATT), which provides specialized training in aviation maintenance to operate and maintain weapons systems.
The boundaries of MCAS Cherry Point are the Neuse River to the north, Hancock Creek to the east, North Carolina Highway 101 to the south, and an irregular boundary approximately ¾-mile west of Slocum Creek to the west.
For more information, please visit the MCAS Cherry Point Website.