SWMU = Solid Waste Management Unit; AOC = Area of Concern; UXO = Unexploded Ordnance
|Site ID, Name, and Status
||Background and Pertinent Documents
Dye Burial Grounds
Land use controls (LUCs)
- Approximately 25 tons of military smoke dyes and dye contaminated materials (e.g., magnesium, boxes, and rags contaminated with dyes) were deposited in trenches between 1952 and 1964.
- Excavations were performed to consolidate the waste material and adjacent contaminated soil which were covered with a 4.2-acre multilayered cap of engineered material and soil from 1996 to 1998.
- Corrective measures include long-term monitoring (LTM) of groundwater, LUCs to prevent use of groundwater, periodic reviews, and site inspections.
- Biennial LTM began in 2007 and ceased in 2015 due to the lack of detected dyes and dye degradation products and dye analysis was becoming technically impracticable.
- Statement of Basis, June 2006; Administrative Record File (ARF) 001032.
- Evaluation of Dye Monitoring, October 2017; ARF 002735
- Five Year Review, January 2018; ARF 002806