SWMU = Solid Waste Management Unit; AOC = Area of Concern; UXO = Unexploded Ordnance
|Site ID, Name, and Status
||Background and Pertinent Documents
Mine Fill A
Corrective Measures Study
- Primarily used for melting and pouring of explosives including a battery dump site.
- 20,834 tons of explosives contaminated soil processed at a Naval Support Activity Crane bioremediation facility (SWMU 33) in the early 2000s and returned to SWMU 12.
- 18 tons of explosives contaminated soil and 848 tons of metals contaminated soil removed from the battery dump area.
- Groundwater sampling for explosives and degradation products conducted from 2004 to 2008 confirmed explosive contamination.
- Soil delineation sampling to complete the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Facility Investigation (RFI) was conducted in 2017.
- An interim measure to address two remaining locations of explosives contaminated soil is planned for 2019.
- RFI, June 2011; Administrative Record File (ARF) 002665.
- RFI Addendum, December 2018; ARF 002962.