- June 2011, the Navy Site Managers participated in the Puerto Rico Department of Natural and Environmental Resources’ Recreational Fishing event to educate people on safe areas for fishing within the Vieques Wildlife Refuge.
- December 2010, the Navy Site Manager participated in the EPA Region 2, 40th anniversary with a presentation about the cleanup of the former Navy lands in Vieques.
- October 2010 the Navy coordinated another outreach event to inform the public about the progress of the cleanup and educate them on areas that are not safe to enter. More than 200 people attended this event.
- January 2010, the Navy Site Managers gave presentation to the local chapter of the Navy League, with an attendance of over 50 members.
- November 2009, over 80 high school students, residents, local government representatives, tourists and children attended an outreach event at the Vieques Multiple Use Center.
- July 2008, the Navy participated in a Child Fair held at the local hospital. The event, which focused on munitions safety, attracted about 300 participants, including government representatives and local residents.
- August 2007, an outreach event held at the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge focused on munitions safety. The event attracted diverse participants that included a Girl Scout troop, local police, residents and tourists.
- April 2007 the Navy coordinated a Media event, which provided the Navy and regulators an opportunity to demonstrate the progress of the cleanup and highlighted the risk that munitions pose to trespassers. The information from the event was broadcast on national TV and published in local and national newspapers.
Learning the 3Rs of Munitions Safety: Recognize, Retreat and Report – 2008
Young people learning how munitions workers find Unexploded Ordnance - 2008
Information on Restoration Advisory Board events can found HERE.