- April 2013, the Navy Site Manager gave a presentation to the newly elected mayor of Vieques about project status and community involvement.
- February 2013, EPA, PR Environmental Quality Board and Department of Natural and Environmental Resources, and NOAA visited the site.
- September 2012, Community members, including representatives of the RAB and local officials, visited SWMU 4 to get a firsthand perspective of the site. A round-table discussion on the proposed remedial action plan followed the site visit.
- April 2011, the White House Vieques Task Force visited the site.
- December 2010, six Puerto Rico Senators and MOV representatives attended the site visit to better understand the need for controlled burning, the visit increased the level of support from the public officials.
- November 2010, the EPA Superfund directors made a second visit to the site.
- November 2010, FWS Directors from Region 4 visited the site to learn about the facility and the progress of the cleanup.
- August 2010, the Puerto Rico Governor, Luis Fortuño, visited the site to learn about the project progress.
- March 2010, the EPA Region 2 Regional Administrator visited the site to learn more about the cleanup progress and the risk associated with the munitions sites.
- April 2010, the Mayor of Vieques visited the site to learn about the cleanup and to visit the proposed controlled burning site.
RAB Site Visit 2011 - Several munitions sites on East Vieques
RAB Site Visit 2012 - RAB members observe detonation of munitions in place
RAB Site Visit 2008 - Central Processing Center