The Asset Management (AM) business line staff routinely interacts with other NAVFAC business lines, support lines, and organizations in the following primary ways:
- Design and Construction (DC) - AM produces specific project planning documents (DD-1391's) which become input into the Design and Construction business line workload. AM collaborates with DC during the review/validation of the 1391's. AM coordinates with DC on Criteria and Standards (Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment; (SDSFIE) and integration of CADD and geospatial data (e.g., floor plans for space planning).
- Environmental (EV) - AM plans must consider natural and cultural resources issues (to ensure compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and the Sikes Act) and encroachment and range planning support. AM collaborates with EV on range planning in support of the Theater Assessment Program.
- Public Works (PW) - AM collaborates with PW on facility condition data (Facility Condition Assessment Program, input into shore facilities planning system, and planning for recapitalization projects), and on other aspects of the Regional and Installation Facility Management Offices efforts.
- Financial Management (FM) - AM performs program management in compliance with FM requirements.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) - AM and CIO work closely on Information Technology tools required for AM programs (including Geo-spatial Information Systems (GUS).
- Acquisition (AQ) - AQ supports AM with the business line acquisition plan, and in executing specific acquisition actions.
- Human Resources (HR) - HR provides support for AM personnel.
- Community Management (CM) - CM guides AM efforts in community management, with emphasis on the Planning Community.